Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Little Baby But a Big Change


I was a single child for more than 12 years and it was sweet. All the attention, love and gifts went directly to me. Their was no competition nor any stress. But during the many years I felt I was recieving a little to much attention. The daily check-ups on my health and wellbeing interfered with my personal schedule. I got never ending interviews on every detail of my life like did I brush your teeth?, don't forget to brush your hear, who called and why?, where am I going and for how long?, and the list goes on. I understand the reminders and questions are for my well being and are arranged out of love, but where is the trust that I can take care of myself. Now I have a baby sister and the freedom is breathtaking but so is the isolation. All eyes are on the baby and little or no time for me.  I got the freedom I always wanted but it severed the bond I had with my parents. I drew so accustomed to the attention, I did not really take advantage of it. Being a big brother also has its benefits. I have another sibling to play with  and one with allot of energy to. I really love my sister and my parents, I just want to feel the same from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bark Bark Howl (a message from the creater of the black berrys blog)


Get a Voki now!